Sunday 21 June 2015

Shed Clean Up

No more walls and ceiling.

Well, after the move of the layout a few weeks ago I have been busy pulling down the MDF on the calls and the 9mm ply from the ceiling.

Today marks the day that all the walls and ceiling is now done and the steel to hold the ceiling in place is also now down and ready to move.

Now I need to just clean up and move the MDF, ply and steel plus a number of piles of R6 insulation that came out of the ceiling.

I will take some pictures and update shortly.

Then, I will have to start planning the next layout. I will more than likely start a whole new blog for the new layout so I will post a link to the new blog once it is up. and running.

In the mean time, we move of the house in 4 weeks time and then off on our holiday with the kids for 10 weeks as we drive around Australia....

Stay tuned..!

Monday 8 June 2015

The End for D&H Version 3

Good bye old friend. It has been fun!

Well, today marks the last day of the D&H Champlain division.

It took Chris and I around 12 hours today to complete the disassemble of the layout and move it around to his shed.

I had already done a heap of prep work in readiness for the day but there was a heap to do today.

Here are a few of the progress pictures.

The last part of moving the walls was the most challenging. In the end we cut them in half and moves 2.5 meter sections.

The layout now fills Chris's shed and it will be a huge game of chess to get it all back in the right place.

I have really enjoyed building this layout and I have learnt a heap of thing to do on the next one and the things not to do.

I will probably start a whole new blog for the next layout and keep this one for them old one so we can compare the old and the new.

Thanks to all those that came and run on the layout and enjoyed it as much as I have.

Now onto planning for the next one.

Till then.. Have fun....

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Decomission Continues

More destruction - gently.

Time is marching on and the layout needs to be out of the shed by the end of June.

I have removed the fascia, valance, electronics and now Willsboro is free of the wall and on the floor.
Also the Pt Anne section is also down..

Once these sections were out, I removed the section of the staging approach that was under the Pt Douglas to Willsboro towns. This has enabled the wall cladding to be removed in readiness for the studs to be removed so the layout can actually come out of the shed.

See below for a few pictures of the mess..

More pictures to follow.

Chris and I have a big day planned for next Monday where we hope to move a number of sections to his place. Stay tuned..