Sunday 14 October 2012

Third shed update

Just a quick update re the progress of the shed.

As mentioned last time the ceiling battens were up.

I have since installed the lower section of the walls (the 6mm MDF) with insulation between the MDF and and the exterior of the shed.

Today, Rod, John F and John C came to help raise the ceiling.
There were 15 sheets of 2400mm x 1200mm x 9mm play waiting for us.

Fortunately I was able to loan a friends plaster lifter. This made the job so much easier than lifting with brooms or climbing ladders.

Once we got stuck into it, the progress was swift.

The plaster lifter was working over time.
Along the way we installed the R6 and R5 insulation on top of the plywood.
The railway room should be nice and snug in the winter and cool in the summer.

Here is the finished result.

Nice work guys.. Thanks for the help.

Next for the top parts of the walls so the layout can come home.

Stay tunned for the next installment.