Thursday 14 August 2014

Track gangs hard at work adding timber ties

Filling all the gaps with new timber ties.

Over the last day or so, while waiting for more flex track supplies, I have been busy filling all the gaps in the main line track and around the turnouts with wooden ties.

As I am using Atlas insulating joiners rather than cutting the rail to form the block ends or gaps, the plastic ties that are part of the flex track tend to make the rail sit high due to the thickness of the plastic joiners. As such, when the rail was installed I cut the plastic ties out with the few to fill in later.

Well, later is now here and I have been busy filling all the gaps in the main line as well as around my hand laid turnouts.

The wooden ties are just sitting there under the rail and will be glued down either by the ballast or by the light dusting of rail tie brown when I come to paint the track and roadbed.

Here are a few pictures..






Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment