Tuesday 12 August 2014

Electrical works at Ft Edward Underway

Block detection and Turnout control

Over the last day or so, as I have run out of Atlas Code 55 flex, I decided that I would proceed with the install of the Tortoise machines and track power in Ft Edward for the track work that is completed.

As the remaining track is just industry spur's, the track power for those is straight forward.

I have now completed the 5 tortoise machine installs and also the block detection for the house track at Ft Edward. I then ran a test train into Ft Edward to check the frog polarity and also guard rail gauge.

After one minor adjustment the house track was commissioned for use.

I hope to complete the track laying in Ft Edward this weekend once I have been to the John Colliver track bank.

Stay tuned for updates.

1 comment:

  1. Cannot be that much more track to lay I'm thinking. Maybe the Branch?
    Regards
    Rod.

    ReplyDelete