Over the last weekend I managed to decide on a "dirt" or base colour for the main deck of the layout. There were so many browns to choose from. In the end I matched the brown of the no more gaps that I'm using so that I blends in. The brown ended up more a chocolate brown than a earth brown, however, it is only intended as a base colour being earth so I'm sure it will be ok.
I then proceeded to paint all the main deck ply with the brown before I installed it in order to save time later and not having to mask up the walls so that the brown paint did not get on the walls.
Then I proceeded to finish the install of the staging to pain deck track through the wall into Plattsburgh. This was only 2 lengths of flex track, and it now means I can get going on the main deck from Plattsburgh around to the rest of the layout.
Per the pictures I have now finished the main deck install to Whitehall from Plattsburgh.
I plan on making a few cut outs for lower level scenery on the main line between Whitehall and Willsboro and that will come in the next day or so once I have finalised the sweeping curves of the main line in that part of the layout. Then I will install the final uprights under that section rather than the temp ones that are there now.
So here are a few pictures showing the work completed to date.
Well that's all for this update.
Come back in a bit and I hope to have all the main deck installed in the next week or so.