Tuesday 24 December 2013

Lighting install completed

Another milestone on the D&H!

Today I completed another milestone on the D&H.
I have now completed the light installation.
The layout now has 11 x 4ft T5 fluro's, 12 x 2ft T5 Fluro's and no less than 27 x T8 4ft fluro's.

The layout is now basking in the light and it is AWESOME!.





I have also been working on mounting the 28 Loconet attached devices that will drive the turnouts, manage the block detection and drive the signals for the layout.

I have been mounting the modules on pre painted 6mm MDF and terminating the boards on screw terminals for easy install under the layout.

I had planed on building the staging, however, I figured to save some time and pain in terms of wiring down the track, I figured I would install the electronic laden control boards around the layout and connect them into the loconet bus, track power bus, accessory bus power before installing the layout decks.

I have not quite finished doing the terminations on the boards, but all the electronics is now mounted and terminal strips are installed. Im about 1/2 way through the terminations.

Here are a few examples. There are 14 control boards in total.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Brendan. Yep, that certainly is awesome. Great job.

    And Merry Christmas to you and the family.

    Regards,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Brendan. It feels so good when you pass those major milestones. Congratulations. Now you can have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Are we going to see you layout in 2015?
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some seriously amazing work Brendon, it is quite daunting when you look at all those control boards!

    ReplyDelete