Monday 10 June 2024

Lower staging expansion

 Need more staging.

After completing the track work and the track power wiring, I set up a few trains and loaded the 5 tracks in lower staging.

As I realaistically have only list 1 town and I had a total of 10 staging tracks, I am / was concerned that I will need more than 5 staging tracks.

Looking at space and as the town of Plattsburgh sits at the highest point on the railroad with 200mm clearance between the lower staging and the deck of Plattsburgh, I looked at the timber work and space and figure I can realativly easily install more staging, all be it dead end tracks. I am looking at keeping it at 5 tracks so this will give me a total of 10 tracks.

Here is a picture of the staging as it stands (all be it with the additional turnout drawn).


Here is the additional staging v2.0


It will go under Plattsburgh here.

Construction pics to follow.


1 comment:

  1. Great to see you back into the new/old layout build Brendan, looking forward to the updates...

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete